
The story here is a bittersweet one. A little under two years ago, I realized I was falling in love with my friend, J, but from all indications she was not available for a realtionship. I took a long walk at Ocean Beach one hot day, and drew this silly, romantic image in the sand. Then I photographed it with my digital camera, printed out the image at home, and painted it with water colors.
I emailed a bunch of friends that I had taken this walk and written secret messages in the sand. I confided my feelings for J to one friend. She said this was the best of times, knowing I loved someone but not knowing how it would turn out.
She was right.
A month later, J and I were lovers. Two years later, we have broken up. I have lost her. All that is left now is my small collection of memories and images. This is one of them, from an early, hopeful moment.
When anything was still possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment